If your family member’s death resulted from a fatal accident or negligence, Sisinni Legal attorney Andrew J. Sisinni can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit and secure the closure and financial compensation to which you and your family are entitled.
By definition, a wrongful death is when a person is killed due to the negligence or misconduct of another party. Those who were dependent on that deceased person, or a beneficiary of that deceased person, may be entitled to monetary damages.
Sisinni Legal knows that many states have passed wrongful death statutes in order to ensure that manufacturing companies, hospitals and doctors act carefully in their professional responsibilities. Unfortunately, wrongful deaths still do occur in situations such as:
- Hospital Medical Malpractice – wrongful death lawsuits can stem from hospital workers’ negligence in the emergency room or operating room, such as performing surgical errors, misdiagnosing a health condition, or prematurely discharging a patient
- Vehicle Accidents – Automobile companies may be held responsible for defective products in their automobile, while trucking companies may be held accountable for truck accidents if their employee violates trucking regulations
In our experience, factors that courts consider when determining wrongful death damages you may receive include:
- Pain and suffering of the deceased person prior to his/her death
- The amount of money earned by the deceased
- Loss of companionship
- The savings of the deceased
- The degree to which survivors were financially dependent on the deceased
- Expenses incurred by survivors for medical and funeral costs
While no amount of financial payment can ever compensate for the loss of a loved one, Sisinni Legal has learned that being financially secure and knowing that the responsible party has been brought to justice can provide a sense of closure to survivors.
Please call 814 864.5841 for a free consultation.